Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I redact my previous statement that Interac owes me $90

As it turns out it seems that Japanese immigration authorities owe me $90. I received this e-mail today from Interac regarding the fucking bullshit letter that immigration needs and is being so anal about:

Dear JanRussell,
Thank you for your email. I did call the other day to inform you that the second original document provided is in fact not acceptable by the immigration authorities.
The sentence "has completed all requirement to receive a bachelor degree" implies that you have not yet received your degree unless there is a "awarded/ Conferred on (date)" on the same letter. An acceptable statement would be "has been awarded/conferred the degree of xxxx , on (date)". We look forward to receiving confirmation that your university can issue such document.

Wow immigration, I have nothing further to say about what colossal dicks you are being about this letter.

No comments: